Experience, Education, Licenses, & Certifications
Construction Gap Analysis – Performed a construction gap analysis for a Fortune 500 biotech firm with sites located in California, Washington, Colorado, Rhode Island, and Puerto Rico.
Contractor Safety Assessment – Performed contractor safety assessment during the painting of the containment dome of a nuclear operating company located in Ohio.
Industrial Hygiene Air-sampling Study – Performed an industrial hygiene air-sampling study and related litigation support involving a fatality that occurred inside a water tower in Minnesota.
Construction Site Assessment – Performed a construction site assessment in Pennsylvania and provided related litigation support involving welding inside confined spaces.
Safety Planning & Management Oversight – Performed safety planning and management oversight for a project involving weld repairs and modifications to wind tunnels (coated with lead-based paint) at a NASA facility in California.
Fall Protection Hazard – Solved a 45-year fall protection hazard for a water tower painting contractor.
Written Various Publications – Authored various corporate safety and occupational health standards.
Air-sampling database – Created an air-sampling database consisting of over 600 data points of various analytes.
OSHA Training – Provided OSHA training and safety training as and OSHA-authorized instructor to various construction clients.
• Masters in Business Administration (Specialization in Management), Sam Houston State University
• B.S. in Industrial Engineering (Specialization in System Safety Engineering), Texas A&M University
Licenses, & Certifications
• Certified Safety Professional, Construction Specialty (# 13421)
• Certified Industrial Hygienist, Comprehensive Practice (# 7690)
• Diplomate, American Academy of Industrial Hygienists
• Professional Safety Source and Field Safety Representative, Arkansas and Texas Workers’ Compensation Commissions
• Licensed Mold Assessment Consultant, Texas Department of State Health Services (License # MAC025)
• The International Honor Society of Beta Gamma Sigma
• American Industrial Hygiene Association of (AIHA)
• AIHA Construction Committee (2010/2011 Past Chair, 2009/2010 Chair, 2008/2009 Vice Chair,2008 Secretary)
• American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE)
• National Safety Council (Construction Division Member)
• Texas Engineering Extension Service
• 16-Hour Asbestos Manager Planner Training (EPA-Accredited)
• 24-Hour Asbestos Inspector Training (EPA-Accredited)
J.E. Spear Consulting, LP has helped hundreds of clients with assessing exposures and managing risks. We can help you too! Call us today at 281-252-0005.